Neighborhood Watch Block Captain - Step by Step
The goal is to get to know your neighbors and to keep everyone informed.
- Get connected:
Send Ellie and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and your street to be invited to join the LONA Block Captains Yahoo email group.
This is our primary communication method.
- Talk with your neighbors:
Download this sample letter (.doc)
Decide what houses you will cover... start with "the five" - 2 on the side of your house and 3 in front. This is your zone. Add more houses over time.
- Sample form:
Use this template to collect minimal contact information (.doc) and create an email group that you maintain so you can send out information as needed.
- City's registration form:
Download and fill in the APD Neighborhood Watch registration form (.doc).
- Send only this form with house numbers (no neighbor details) to Rosie and copy Ellie - email@example.com
- Neighborhood Watch signs:
Contact Robyn - she is the central point of contact for ordering signs for LONA.
- Ellie will periodically send out information such as safety tips, training dates, APD information, etc. SEND these emails to your neighbors as appropriate.
- Block captains - Host National Night Out, other block parties, forward emails as appropriate, help keep the conversation going.
Neighborhood Watch Coordinator
Ellie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighborhood Watch Block Captains
Laurel Oaks Neighborhood Association